Altered Deck of Cards-Inspirational Quotes

Recently, our Australian Art Swap Group held a swap for 22 altered playing cards...you know the ones from a deck of cards. We had to alter them as well as put some sort of inspirational quote on them.

I used a sheet of 12 x 12 patterned paper, with the patterned side facing down. Then, I glued all my playing cards on to of the paper. This way I had a nice backing on my soon to be altered cards.

After giving the cards a very light sanding,I proceeded to gesso the substrate I am using (the glued down cards) and then once that was dry, I continued to decorate it by using some acrylic paints, stencils, stamps and really, anything I felt like doing at the time...lol..Once the backgrounds were dry, I cut the cards out individually and ended up with 45 altered background cards.

My process for the background can be seen on my you tube channel here:





Once I had completed all the backgrounds, I then went through my box of bit'n'pieces to find some images I could glue down for some added interest. I also found quite a few Inspirational quotes on the net and printed them out. The last stage was for me to paste down an image with a quote and the end result can be seen below.....my altered deck of cards, ready for swapping.




Below is my video showing the finished altered deck of cards




         Thank you for stopping by xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project