Working in Annabelle's Journal

Hello everyone! This was a very fun layout I did in Annabelle's journal. Sometimes it is hard for me to 'Just be myself' but I think I did achieve it with this layout. At the start of my layout, I had put some 'washable' craft paint down and of course by experimenting with it, it wasn't working how I wanted it to. So staying true to myself, I gave it a good wash over with gesso and started again. This happens to me quite a bit sometimes...LOL...

So after covering up the first layer with gesso, I then grabbed out a few gelatos and gave the background a good patching with all the colours. The next layer was some stamping with a black stazon ink and a script stamp.

Not really sure with what I was going to do for a focal image, I decided to grab a make-up sponge and play with making circles. This is a fun and relaxing process for me, I love circles. So I used some purple and white acrylic paint and then brought in some blue and white acrylic paint making and layering the sponge circles. I was only going to put them on either side of the page but I ended up bringing them together in the center and I really liked the simplicity of the way it looked. I used the circles as a focal  and then added a saying, "An artist is not a special kind of  person; rather each person is a special kind of artist."

The page ended up with some subtle texture from using the brayer with the gesso and also by squishing the make-up sponge into the circles. Below is the full final spread. Fun, Bright. Cheerful. A lovely 'spring time' layout.


 I also did a speed through video of my process which can be seen by clicking below.



I thoroughly enjoyed working in Annabelle's journal. Thank you xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project