My Layout in Mermaids and Seahorses

This was a fun little journal to work in. I had no idea where I was going with it until I found some stamps and dies of some cute little seahorses, so that's what I went with. I gessoed the page and then added some blues, purple and a touch of green as the first layer of paint. Trying to get a more 'bubble' feel to the page, I used the square end of a make-up sponge and made some circles and then finished off the background with a smaller bubble stencil using the colours I had previously used.




While my background was drying, I stamped a heap of images which I added some watercolour paints too. Then when the images were dry, I then used some clear embossing powder and coated all the images with it. It gave them a lovely shine and also a protective layer.





Then I placed all the images of the seahorses, shells, star fish and coral onto the page where I thought they looked good. I added a little shading around the images and also a small saying, "LIVE FULL THE LIFE YOU HAVE IMAGINED" and then called my layout finished.




You can also view the whole process in the video below...hope you enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project