My Layout in Roz Willoughby's Silhouette Journal

One of my favourite themes is the silhouette and I finally had the chance to work in Roz Willoughby's silhouette themed journal. The pages were quite large compared to what I normally work in but I found it rather freeing, imagination wise, to try to fit something large onto the page.
After having a good think I decided to put a few smaller shaped silhouettes into the layout and making them integrated by using a window frame. I sketched the shape of the window, cut it out of some photocopy paper and this was the start of my layout.





I then copied the frame on to pages, length wise and to add a bit of interest around the outside of the frame, I ended up doing some stamping with a script stamp all the way around the edge. I then proceeded to add colour to the inside parts of the windows. The top section I wanted a full moon, night time scene so I used black and whire to get a haized effect. The middle set of windows I used shades of blue to create an ocean, water type of scenery and the last bottom two frames of the window, I went for more of a sunset vibe.

Once the background window colours were in place, I drew and cut some symbols for a template: two dogs, a dolphin, a bird and a human figure. I placed them on the window frames and traced around them. Then coloured them all black for the silhouette look. The last part was to paint the black window frame in, which brought the whole layout together.



I thoroughly enjoyed working in Roz's journal and I really love the outcome of my layout. If you wish to watch the whole process, I have included the video below. Thank you!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project